Good nutrition is the cornerstone of good health. What you put into your body can directly affect the way your body functions – some substances support healing while others may contribute to an imbalance. Consuming a healthy, well-balanced diet is the most important tool for your body to manage stress and prevent or recover from illness.
Naturopathic doctors are trained to assess your overall nutritional status as well as any associated health conditions and will educate you regarding making healthy choices to achieve and maintain a healthy diet. They will also advise you whether nutritional supplementation is appropriate for you.
Conditions that respond well to clinical nutrition include:
- known and/or suspected food allergies & sensitivities
- nutritional deficiencies / decreased absorption of vitamins & minerals / inadequate diet
- digestive concerns
- chronic inflammatory concerns
- skin, hair & nail conditions
- past or present eating disorders
- optimizing fertility / healthy pregnancy
- food introduction for infants
- enhancing athletic performance